Categories: Belclaire Communities, Community News, Holiday Entertaining with Belclaire Homes | Posted: December 4, 2019 | Comments Off on Holiday décor tips for your Belclaire home
The holidays are approaching fast but there’s still plenty of time to deck out your Belclaire home with festive décor! Because December is such a hectic time of year, we want to share some tips and tricks inspired by HGTV to make your home merry and bright without making it stressful or expensive.
- Plan ahead. The holidays are supposed to be fun, not stressful! Make a realistic plan that won’t leave you overwhelmed.
- Don’t stop at the entry. Bring your holiday décor inside. Little touches will fill your home with that warm holiday spirit, especially when entertaining.
- Dim the lights. Most hardware stores sell inexpensive plug-in dimmers for your lamps that anyone can install. This creates an instant ambiance.
- Cookies, cookies, cookies! Is it really the holiday season without treats? If you’re not a skilled baker, just pick up some pre-made cookie dough. The smell of cookies baking is a great way to get in the holiday mood.
- Wrap your gifts. Gift wrapping can be inexpensive and eco-friendly by repurposing papers, bags, magazines and newspapers. Make it interesting by adding a unique ribbon or topper.
- It doesn’t have to be expensive. Inexpensive ornaments from a discount store can look elegant and festive when grouped together. One idea is to decorate your mantel with different-sized clear or colored glass containers filled with similar-colored glass ornaments for a striking holiday display.
- Less is more. This season is notoriously extravagant, but you don’t have to overwhelm your home. Try a few beautiful, special pieces to give your home a sophisticated holiday look.
- Involve the whole family. Don’t try to do everything yourself. This time of year brings opportunities to create joyous memories and holiday traditions like decorating with your family.
- Expect the unexpected. If a lot of people will be coming in and out of your home, fill a large bowl or decorative box with small, individually wrapped gifts. They don’t have to be expensive and your unexpected guests will be thrilled!
- Have fun! It’s easy to let the holidays consume you. Remind yourself that this season is about seeing your loved ones, having fun and gratitude. Take a deep breath and enjoy.