Categories: Belclaire Communities, General Posts | Posted: July 1, 2020 | Comments Off on Add some patriotic curb appeal to your Belclaire home
While we’ve been spending more time at home, many Belclaire families have taken to “dressing up” their houses via community-coordinated window and sidewalk art and fun, themed décor. This Independence Day week is the perfect opportunity to celebrate America and adorn your house with a fresh and festive look.
Better Homes and Gardens gave us a few ideas. Here are our favorites:
- Add faux firecrackers to planters and garden squares or a wreath made of white stars for a subtle nod to the Fourth of July.
- A crisp white porch pays tribute to the flag in a casual, homey style. With an assortment of patriotic outdoor decorations, oversize bunting, a striped rug and pillows in stripes, polka dots, and gingham give the porch a classic red, white, and blue style.
- Create a cozy outdoor seating area with red-painted chairs, a white table, a vintage tablecloth, or blue splatterware.
- Bringing the patriotic spirit into your home is as easy as hanging an American flag. Complement the flag with red accents like potted geraniums, a vintage cooler or red-and-white linens.
- Fourth of July decorations can be functional, too. Blue and white stripes make a great backdrop for bold red stars on a DIY Fourth of July door mat.
- Combine your love for gardening with your Fourth of July decorations. Use an oblong blue splatterware metal container as a window flower box for bright red geraniums. Don’t mind a little rust—it adds to the character!
We look forward to seeing how Belclaire families in our communities amp up their holiday curb appeal with creative Fourth of July displays.