Prosper’s Windsong Ranch received great recognition at the 2020 Nationals Awards presented by the National Association of Home Builders. The community received Silver Award honors for Master Planned Community of the Year, Lifestyle Program of the Year and Best Community Signage. 2020 is the second consecutive year that the Windsong Ranch has won a silver award for Master Planned Community of the Year and the community continues to set a high bar for master-planned communities across the country.
Belclaire Homes builds in luxury communities like Windsong Ranch, where residents enjoy premium amenities like the new tropical oasis, THE LAGOON, and The Commons, a community center featuring tennis courts, a fitness center, Windsong Ranch Café and more. Here Belclaire builds semi-custom homes within The Peninsula, the community’s private enclave of estate-like home sites. Floor plans range between 3,041 and 5,600 square feet, are built on 90-foot lots and begin in the $700s. Plan your visit to The Peninsula at Windsong Ranch and read more about the community with the legendary lifestyle here!
Categories: Belclaire Communities, General Posts | Posted: January 22, 2020 | Comments Off on Belclaire homeowners, don’t forget to file your homestead exemption!
Did you know that residence homestead owners in Texas are eligible for a $25,000 exemption from their home’s value for school taxes? That’s right. Basically, it’s a reduction from the taxable value on your primary residence, but you need to apply for it. So, if you’re a Belclaire homeowner, don’t forget to apply!
Homestead exemption applications are accepted yearly between Jan. 1 and April 30. To be eligible, you must own and occupy your home on Jan. 1 of the year you are applying for. Disabled and elderly homeowners are also eligible for an additional $10,000 homestead exemption. For more information on applying for the residence homestead exemption, visit the comptroller’s website.
A “boomtown” is a city marked by prosperity and development, often described as a good place to settle. Experiencing economic growth, these cities provide employment opportunities and attract new residents. You can learn more about America’s top boomtowns here.
Belclaire Homes builds in boomtowns like Frisco and McKinney because we are dedicated to building in North Texas’ best cities! The Dallas/Fort Worth hot spot is known for its great school districts, quality of life, shopping, entertainment and employment opportunities. It sits at the northern edge of the metroplex, offering convenient access to are attractions, without losing its cozy small-town appeal.
You can find a Belclaire home at McKinney’s newest affluent village, Emerald Heights in Stonebridge Ranch. Here, residents embrace the community’s luxury lifestyle! Emerald Heights offers long list of luxury amenities, outstanding schools in McKinney ISD and a natural setting amongst over 1,200 acres of open space, lakes and ponds. Homeowners also have access to Stonebridge Ranch’s swim lagoon with a sand beach and sports courts. Buyers are able to personalize their homes to their family’s unique needs from a selection of eleven floor plans from 3,041 to 4,500-plus square feet, beginning in the low $600s.
If you are shopping for a home in a North Texas boomtown, we urge you to visit Emerald Heights at Stonebridge Ranch and start building your dream home!
The holidays are approaching fast but there’s still plenty of time to deck out your Belclaire home with festive décor! Because December is such a hectic time of year, we want to share some tips and tricks inspired by HGTV to make your home merry and bright without making it stressful or expensive.
- Plan ahead. The holidays are supposed to be fun, not stressful! Make a realistic plan that won’t leave you overwhelmed.
- Don’t stop at the entry. Bring your holiday décor inside. Little touches will fill your home with that warm holiday spirit, especially when entertaining.
- Dim the lights. Most hardware stores sell inexpensive plug-in dimmers for your lamps that anyone can install. This creates an instant ambiance.
- Cookies, cookies, cookies! Is it really the holiday season without treats? If you’re not a skilled baker, just pick up some pre-made cookie dough. The smell of cookies baking is a great way to get in the holiday mood.
- Wrap your gifts. Gift wrapping can be inexpensive and eco-friendly by repurposing papers, bags, magazines and newspapers. Make it interesting by adding a unique ribbon or topper.
- It doesn’t have to be expensive. Inexpensive ornaments from a discount store can look elegant and festive when grouped together. One idea is to decorate your mantel with different-sized clear or colored glass containers filled with similar-colored glass ornaments for a striking holiday display.
- Less is more. This season is notoriously extravagant, but you don’t have to overwhelm your home. Try a few beautiful, special pieces to give your home a sophisticated holiday look.
- Involve the whole family. Don’t try to do everything yourself. This time of year brings opportunities to create joyous memories and holiday traditions like decorating with your family.
- Expect the unexpected. If a lot of people will be coming in and out of your home, fill a large bowl or decorative box with small, individually wrapped gifts. They don’t have to be expensive and your unexpected guests will be thrilled!
- Have fun! It’s easy to let the holidays consume you. Remind yourself that this season is about seeing your loved ones, having fun and gratitude. Take a deep breath and enjoy.
Categories: Belclaire Communities, Community News, Emerald Heights, General Posts | Posted: November 30, 2019 | Comments Off on Home for the Holidays is right around the corner for Belclaire’s Emerald Heights residents
Thanksgiving weekend marks the 39th year for McKinney’s hometown Christmas celebration, Home for the Holidays. Visit the 14-block area of McKinney’s 165-year-old commercial historic downtown for family activities, food and entertainment where you can enjoy a uniquely McKinney Christmas celebration with Belclaire neighbors and guests from all over. It’s an unforgettable experience and a great start to the holiday season. The family-friendly festival runs from Friday, November 29 through Sunday, December 1. Visitors can expect traditional live Christmas music, a real snow hill, children’s activities, visits with Santa, a petting zoo, shopping, a Ferris wheel, carousel and mo
re! For more information about the festival including concessionaires, festival map, sponsors, hotel discounts and parking, click here.
Frequent seasonal events like Home for the Holidays is just one of the perks of owning a Belclaire home at Emerald Heights in McKinney! The affluent village in Stonebridge Ranch offers luxury amenities, outstanding schools and 1,200 acres of open space, lakes and ponds. If you don’t already live in McKinney, we encourage you to visit Emerald Heights. Stop by our new model home this weekend before heading to Home for the Holidays and we will show you why you should build your next home in this elegant new community. See you this weekend!
Happy Thanksgiving from Belclaire Homes!
We take pride in providing outstanding luxury homes at top-rated communities where residents can enjoy Thanksgiving and the upcoming holidays. So, it’s safe to say that Belclaire homeowners are what we’re most thankful for this Thanksgiving. If you don’t already, find out why you should celebrate holidays in a brand-new Belclaire home! We’re building dream homes in some of North Texas’ most exclusive communities: Castle Hills Northpointe in Lewisville, Emerald Heights in McKinney and Windsong Ranch in Prosper.
We’ve already experienced a few days below-freezing temperature this Fall. So, now is a good time to winter-proof your Belclaire home before that cold weather returns. We found some easy and inexpensive tips from Candy’s Dirt to make the process stress-free as possible.
- Drain and insulate your water heater. After a while, sediment can collect at the bottom and make it less effective.
- Pay attention to your pipes. Water expands when it freezes and can cause your pipes to burst, leading to flooding and severe water damage. Fortunately, pipe insulation is inexpensive and available at most hardware stores.
- Clean your gutters. This will prevent ice dams from forming and causing water damage to your roof.
- Switch your ceiling fan’s direction. In the winter, it’s best to have your ceiling fan moving clockwise. This will push warm air down into the room.
- Eliminate air leaks to ensure a warm house and lower heating bills. You can do this by closing your fireplace damper when not in use, replacing your weather stripping on your doors and caulking your windows.
- Change your furnace filters monthly during cold months. Dirty filters allow less air to pass through, making heating bills higher.
- Get a programmable thermostat. You save 1-3% on your heating bill for every degree you lower your thermostat during the winter. A programmable thermostat makes that easy by automatically lowering your home’s temperature at night and while you are away.
Winterizing your home is an important part of protecting your investment and saving money. Plus, nobody wants to be cold during the holidays!
The North Texas Turkey Trot benefitting The Miracle League of Frisco happens every Thanksgiving in the heart of downtown Frisco. The event on November 28 offers a 5k, 10k and Miracle Mile option, so there’s something for everyone (even if you don’t run)! The Miracle League of Frisco is dedicated to providing children aged 5-19 with special needs the opportunity to play sports as a member of an organized league. Race registration is $20, $40 and $47.50 for the Miracle Mile, 5K and 10K, respectively.
If you are a Belclaire resident in one of our North Texas communities in Prosper, Lewisville or McKinney, this is the perfect opportunity to embrace the spirit of giving. For race information or to register, click here. To learn more about The Miracle League of Frisco, visit their Facebook page or website.
There’s nothing quite like celebrating your first holiday season in a brand-new Belclaire home. With endless options to personalize your home with features like a cozy fireplace, open kitchen or an inviting entryway, you have the perfect canvas to make a statement through festive décor. Thanksgiving is right around the corner – check out some of these easy decorating tips to get into the holiday spirit!
- Make your home colorful and inviting by adding potted plans, pumpkins, gourds, corn shucks and bright ribbons to your doorway.
- Holiday décor doesn’t have to be elaborate! If you tend to be low-key, pair some warm, autumn-hued flowers in a vase with a couple of small pumpkins to spice up your coffee table.
- Dress up your mantel with some fall-themed garland from your local craft or home store. You can wind it around your staircase banister and curtain rods, too! If you want to go all-out, attach paper leaves to the garland with clothespins so guests can remove a leave, write what they’re thankful for and reattach to the garland.
- Gather an assortment of grey and white heirloom pumpkins for a delightfully understated and elegant dining room table display.
Belclaire Homes is most thankful to be able to provide homebuyers in North Texas with the perfect place to enjoy a happy holiday season. Read more about Belclaire Homes here.
As of Friday, Oct. 25, Belclaire Homes occupies its new corporate office at Offices at The Realm in Lewisville. Offices at The Realm is Bright Realty’s latest development in the Castle Hills master-planned community and Phase I of The Realm at Castle Hills. The nine-story, 235,000-square-foot building includes retail, restaurant and office space, as well as a fitness center, café, community lounge and conference center.
The new address for American Legend Homes will be:
4400 State Highway 121, Suite 410
Lewisville, TX 75056
Established in 2010, Belclaire Homes strives to fill the wants and needs of homeowners seeking the best of everything. The company is backed by the tradition and quality of Bright Industries, a Dallas-based organization specializing in real estate development, oil and gas exploration and homebuilding. With Belclaire Homes, homeowners have the unique opportunity to achieve the home of their dreams in some of Dallas’ most exclusive neighborhoods. Through transitioning into Offices at The Realm, Belclaire remains committed to delivering excellence in every aspect of the design and homebuilding experience.