The holidays are approaching fast but there’s still plenty of time to deck out your Belclaire home with festive décor! Because December is such a hectic time of year, we want to share some tips and tricks inspired by HGTV to make your home merry and bright without making it stressful or expensive.
- Plan ahead. The holidays are supposed to be fun, not stressful! Make a realistic plan that won’t leave you overwhelmed.
- Don’t stop at the entry. Bring your holiday décor inside. Little touches will fill your home with that warm holiday spirit, especially when entertaining.
- Dim the lights. Most hardware stores sell inexpensive plug-in dimmers for your lamps that anyone can install. This creates an instant ambiance.
- Cookies, cookies, cookies! Is it really the holiday season without treats? If you’re not a skilled baker, just pick up some pre-made cookie dough. The smell of cookies baking is a great way to get in the holiday mood.
- Wrap your gifts. Gift wrapping can be inexpensive and eco-friendly by repurposing papers, bags, magazines and newspapers. Make it interesting by adding a unique ribbon or topper.
- It doesn’t have to be expensive. Inexpensive ornaments from a discount store can look elegant and festive when grouped together. One idea is to decorate your mantel with different-sized clear or colored glass containers filled with similar-colored glass ornaments for a striking holiday display.
- Less is more. This season is notoriously extravagant, but you don’t have to overwhelm your home. Try a few beautiful, special pieces to give your home a sophisticated holiday look.
- Involve the whole family. Don’t try to do everything yourself. This time of year brings opportunities to create joyous memories and holiday traditions like decorating with your family.
- Expect the unexpected. If a lot of people will be coming in and out of your home, fill a large bowl or decorative box with small, individually wrapped gifts. They don’t have to be expensive and your unexpected guests will be thrilled!
- Have fun! It’s easy to let the holidays consume you. Remind yourself that this season is about seeing your loved ones, having fun and gratitude. Take a deep breath and enjoy.
Categories: Belclaire Communities, Community News, Emerald Heights, General Posts | Posted: November 30, 2019 | Comments Off on Home for the Holidays is right around the corner for Belclaire’s Emerald Heights residents
Thanksgiving weekend marks the 39th year for McKinney’s hometown Christmas celebration, Home for the Holidays. Visit the 14-block area of McKinney’s 165-year-old commercial historic downtown for family activities, food and entertainment where you can enjoy a uniquely McKinney Christmas celebration with Belclaire neighbors and guests from all over. It’s an unforgettable experience and a great start to the holiday season. The family-friendly festival runs from Friday, November 29 through Sunday, December 1. Visitors can expect traditional live Christmas music, a real snow hill, children’s activities, visits with Santa, a petting zoo, shopping, a Ferris wheel, carousel and mo
re! For more information about the festival including concessionaires, festival map, sponsors, hotel discounts and parking, click here.
Frequent seasonal events like Home for the Holidays is just one of the perks of owning a Belclaire home at Emerald Heights in McKinney! The affluent village in Stonebridge Ranch offers luxury amenities, outstanding schools and 1,200 acres of open space, lakes and ponds. If you don’t already live in McKinney, we encourage you to visit Emerald Heights. Stop by our new model home this weekend before heading to Home for the Holidays and we will show you why you should build your next home in this elegant new community. See you this weekend!
Happy Thanksgiving from Belclaire Homes!
We take pride in providing outstanding luxury homes at top-rated communities where residents can enjoy Thanksgiving and the upcoming holidays. So, it’s safe to say that Belclaire homeowners are what we’re most thankful for this Thanksgiving. If you don’t already, find out why you should celebrate holidays in a brand-new Belclaire home! We’re building dream homes in some of North Texas’ most exclusive communities: Castle Hills Northpointe in Lewisville, Emerald Heights in McKinney and Windsong Ranch in Prosper.
We’ve already experienced a few days below-freezing temperature this Fall. So, now is a good time to winter-proof your Belclaire home before that cold weather returns. We found some easy and inexpensive tips from Candy’s Dirt to make the process stress-free as possible.
- Drain and insulate your water heater. After a while, sediment can collect at the bottom and make it less effective.
- Pay attention to your pipes. Water expands when it freezes and can cause your pipes to burst, leading to flooding and severe water damage. Fortunately, pipe insulation is inexpensive and available at most hardware stores.
- Clean your gutters. This will prevent ice dams from forming and causing water damage to your roof.
- Switch your ceiling fan’s direction. In the winter, it’s best to have your ceiling fan moving clockwise. This will push warm air down into the room.
- Eliminate air leaks to ensure a warm house and lower heating bills. You can do this by closing your fireplace damper when not in use, replacing your weather stripping on your doors and caulking your windows.
- Change your furnace filters monthly during cold months. Dirty filters allow less air to pass through, making heating bills higher.
- Get a programmable thermostat. You save 1-3% on your heating bill for every degree you lower your thermostat during the winter. A programmable thermostat makes that easy by automatically lowering your home’s temperature at night and while you are away.
Winterizing your home is an important part of protecting your investment and saving money. Plus, nobody wants to be cold during the holidays!
The North Texas Turkey Trot benefitting The Miracle League of Frisco happens every Thanksgiving in the heart of downtown Frisco. The event on November 28 offers a 5k, 10k and Miracle Mile option, so there’s something for everyone (even if you don’t run)! The Miracle League of Frisco is dedicated to providing children aged 5-19 with special needs the opportunity to play sports as a member of an organized league. Race registration is $20, $40 and $47.50 for the Miracle Mile, 5K and 10K, respectively.
If you are a Belclaire resident in one of our North Texas communities in Prosper, Lewisville or McKinney, this is the perfect opportunity to embrace the spirit of giving. For race information or to register, click here. To learn more about The Miracle League of Frisco, visit their Facebook page or website.
There’s nothing quite like celebrating your first holiday season in a brand-new Belclaire home. With endless options to personalize your home with features like a cozy fireplace, open kitchen or an inviting entryway, you have the perfect canvas to make a statement through festive décor. Thanksgiving is right around the corner – check out some of these easy decorating tips to get into the holiday spirit!
- Make your home colorful and inviting by adding potted plans, pumpkins, gourds, corn shucks and bright ribbons to your doorway.
- Holiday décor doesn’t have to be elaborate! If you tend to be low-key, pair some warm, autumn-hued flowers in a vase with a couple of small pumpkins to spice up your coffee table.
- Dress up your mantel with some fall-themed garland from your local craft or home store. You can wind it around your staircase banister and curtain rods, too! If you want to go all-out, attach paper leaves to the garland with clothespins so guests can remove a leave, write what they’re thankful for and reattach to the garland.
- Gather an assortment of grey and white heirloom pumpkins for a delightfully understated and elegant dining room table display.
Belclaire Homes is most thankful to be able to provide homebuyers in North Texas with the perfect place to enjoy a happy holiday season. Read more about Belclaire Homes here.
As of Friday, Oct. 25, Belclaire Homes occupies its new corporate office at Offices at The Realm in Lewisville. Offices at The Realm is Bright Realty’s latest development in the Castle Hills master-planned community and Phase I of The Realm at Castle Hills. The nine-story, 235,000-square-foot building includes retail, restaurant and office space, as well as a fitness center, café, community lounge and conference center.
The new address for American Legend Homes will be:
4400 State Highway 121, Suite 410
Lewisville, TX 75056
Established in 2010, Belclaire Homes strives to fill the wants and needs of homeowners seeking the best of everything. The company is backed by the tradition and quality of Bright Industries, a Dallas-based organization specializing in real estate development, oil and gas exploration and homebuilding. With Belclaire Homes, homeowners have the unique opportunity to achieve the home of their dreams in some of Dallas’ most exclusive neighborhoods. Through transitioning into Offices at The Realm, Belclaire remains committed to delivering excellence in every aspect of the design and homebuilding experience.
Master-planned community of the year, Windsong Ranch, is purposefully designed to provide a luxurious atmosphere and an extraordinary lifestyle. At 2,000 acres, Windsong Ranch is one of North Texas’ largest communities, located in Prosper. Residents here are at home among parks, trails, lakes and state-of-the-art facilities. The long list of premium amenities is at the core of the Windsong lifestyle and Belclaire Homes is perfectly aligned with that theme.
When you live at Windsong Ranch, you are at home in an environment that others only experience during vacation. The Commons is the community’s amenity center, hosting the community café, resort-style pools, a fitness center, tennis courts, a two-acre lake and dock, and an event lawn for neighborhood get-togethers. Windsong’s new centerpiece, THE LAGOON, is like paradise with its white sandy beaches and clear turquoise waters – Imagine your ideal seaside retreat in your own backyard! The five-acre tropical oasis provides a variety of activities like swimming, kayaking, paddle-boarding and windsurfing. Windsong Ranch is located just close enough to DFW’s top shopping and entertainment districts without giving up its small-town charm. To boot, students attend nationally-acclaimed schools in Prosper ISD.
Here Belclaire builds semi-custom homes within The Peninsula, the community’s private enclave of estate-like home sites. Floor plans range between 3,041 and 5,600 square feet, are built on 90-foot lots and begin in the $700s. Plan your visit to The Peninsula at Windsong Ranch and read more about the community with the legendary lifestyle here!
Categories: Belclaire Communities, Emerald Heights, Stonebridge Ranch | Posted: September 25, 2019 | Comments Off on Enjoy Oktoberfest with your Belclaire Homes friends in McKinney!
Join Belclaire Homes all weekend for Oktoberfest in McKinney’s Historic Downtown! From Friday, September 27 through Sunday, September 29, McKinney Oktoberfest will offer authentic German music, food and drink, traditional costumes, dancing and more! The event is designed with families in mind so there will be a variety of kid-friendly activities like a petting zoo, face painting, Perot Museum Tech Truck, Play Street Museum, crafts and a carnival! The “bier garden” will cover a total of 14 blocks throughout the Historic Downtown square so you can enjoy all downtown McKinney has to offer. Admission to the festival is free for everyone, however, some activities including the carnival and petting zoo will require coupons.
Emerald Heights in Stonebridge Ranch, McKinney’s newest affluent village, features Belclaire Homes. The gated community offers its residents a long list of luxury amenities, outstanding schools in McKinney ISD and a natural setting amongst over 1,200 acres of open space, lakes and ponds. Homeowners here enjoy all the perks of living in Stonebridge Ranch including a swim lagoon with a sand beach and sports courts. Buyers are able to personalize their homes to their family’s unique needs from a selection of eleven floor plans from 3,041 to 4,500-plus square feet, beginning in the low $600s.
If you don’t already live in McKinney, we invite you to visit Emerald Heights. Stop by our new model home this weekend before heading to Oktoberfest and we will show you why you should build your next home in this elegant new community. See you this weekend!
Belclaire Homes is proud to be a part of Castle Hills’ continued development with the addition of Castle Hills Northpointe coming soon! The neighborhood is located in Lewisville, near Parker Road between Josey Lane and Old Denton Road.
The award-winning master-planned community is set within a majestic 2,900 acres with lush, rolling landscape. It features a park within walking distance of every home, a community garden, sports fields, a catch-and-release fishing lake, an extensive trail system and community pools. Specialty dining, services and shopping can be found at, where residents can also attend regularly scheduled family-friendly events!
In Castle Hills Northpointe, Belclaire Homes will build on 80-foot home sites. We will offer a versatile selection of floor plans between 3,200 and 4,500 square feet that include options such as spacious European baths, comfortable outdoor living areas, personal wine cellars, custom libraries and gourmet kitchens.
Call our sales office at 972-410-5701 to learn more about the upcoming neighborhood and the Castle Hills community!