Spring break is right around the corner and it’s time to get ready! The kids get a week off school, so it’s usually one of the biggest travel weeks of the year. Since COVID-19 has pushed back some of our travel plans, not everyone will travel for spring break this year, but that’s okay! Here are four ways to prepare your home if you are getting ready to go out of town, and if you aren't, check out three ways to enjoy spring break right here in your Belclaire home!
If you are flying away:
1. Put your mail on hold: It’s important to place your mail on hold before you go out of town so it isn’t piling up in the mailbox or around the front door while you’re gone. It’s a smart safety precaution and easy to arrange online here.
2. Align friends to keep tabs on your home: It is always a good idea to let close friends or neighbors know the days you will be gone. Have them do quick visuals of the house to make sure everything looks okay. They can also grab any of those Amazon packages off your porch you may have forgotten about!
3. Clean out fridge and freezer of any perishables: No one wants to come back to spoiled food. It’s a good idea to get those perishables out so you are coming home to a nice clean home. (The same goes for emptying the trash!)
4. Set the thermostat accordingly: To save energy and money, set your thermostat accordingly. Our programmable wi-fi-controlled Honeywell thermostats make this easy!
If you are staying put:
1. Have a campout: You can host your own spring break camp out right in your backyard! Pitch a tent and grab your sleeping bags. Fire up the grill and roast some hot dogs. Stay up late and look at the stars...or tell scary stories! It’s a great way to relax and mentally get away without ever leaving home.
2. Pool day: Most people associate spring break with a beach or lounging by the pool. Embrace this stereotype by spending a day by the pool and having a day in the sun. If you don’t have a pool, or the weather is cooperating, check out indoor waterpark at DFW’s Great Wolf Lodge!
3. Spa day: Belclaire homes all have resort-like bathrooms that feel like you have entered a spa. Spend a day of your spring break pampering yourself and the kiddos with a nice warm bubble bath in the tub, a facemask and mani-pedi! Enjoy your bath with a cup of hot tea from your state-of-the-art Belclaire kitchen to get you in that Zen mood.
Whether you are staying here or going out of town, planning for spring break is simple. Belclaire Homes can’t wait to see how spend your spring break this year!