It’s officially June which means it’s also National Fresh Fruit and Veggie Month. There is no better time of year to get those greens in and embrace healthy eating! Summertime is full of fun pool parties, backyard barbeques, and plenty of playdates. These gatherings of friends and family are a wonderful opportunity to try out new fresh recipes and help friends and neighbors get in their fresh fruit and vegetable intake for the day. Don’t know what to make? That’s perfectly fine because Belclaire Homes has you covered! Here are five unique dishes that are loaded with fresh fruit and vegetables!
1. Blueberry Walnut Salad: This fresh salad consists of five ingredients so it is simple to throw together and will taste so fresh that your family will think you grew those blueberries yourself. The salad is light and the perfect starter to any summer meal. It has all the nutrients that your kids’ bodies crave while still leaving them hungry enough for the main course. The blueberries also provide the nutrients to get their brains moving and keep their energy up!
2. Summer Vegetable Ratatouille: From the squash to the bell peppers, zucchini, and tomatoes, this dish is full of vibrant colors and even more vibrant flavors. This is the perfect summer dish to make sure everyone is getting the right amount of nutrients with their meal while also serving something yummy! And this dish isn't a side or starter. It’s the main course! Enjoy!
3. Banana Banana Bread: Banana bread can be anything you want it to be. A slice in the morning makes for a great breakfast, but it also works as an afternoon snack or even a light dessert at the end of the day. This banana bread recipe is moist and airy and a healthier option than a slice of cake at the end of the day. Fresh fruit and a dollop of yogurt on the side also go well with a slice of this banana bread.
4. Balsamic Bruschetta: Bruschetta is an amazing summertime dish since tomatoes are in season and perfectly juicy. When the tomatoes are this good, why not make something that highlights just how full of flavor they are. This recipe is so simple and will make the most colorful platter on the table. Not to mention all the ingredients are fresh!
5. Squash Casserole: This casserole recipe takes less than an hour to put together and serves ten people! The squash brings the prettiest yellow color to the dish as well as a yummy, buttery flavor and lots of nutrients. And casseroles of any kind make for wonderful leftovers!
National Fresh Fruit and Veggies Month is an easy thing to celebrate, especially when everyone is in trying to eat healthy. With fresh fruits and veggies, the flavors are out of this world and your dinner table is bursting with color! Whatever you make this month, embrace fresh healthy food options and when in doubt, put together a fruit and veggie platter for everyone to snack on! Belclaire Homes is excited to see how everyone gets their fresh on this month!