June is National Fruits and Vegetables Month and it's time to eat more fruits and veggies! Growing season is at its peak, making this month a great opportunity for Belclaire families to enjoy some produce. These delicious foods provide a long list of valuable nutrients that your body needs. Check out the Top 10 Reasons to Eat More Fruits and Vegetables from www.fruitsandveggies.org.
10. Color & Texture. Fruits and veggies add color, texture … and appeal … to your plate.
9. Convenience. Fruits and veggies are nutritious in any form – fresh, frozen, canned, dried and 100% juice, so they’re ready when you are!
8. Fiber. Fruits and veggies provide fiber that helps fill you up and keeps your digestive system happy.
7. Low in Calories. Fruits and veggies are naturally low in calories.
6. May Reduce Disease Risk. Eating plenty of fruits and veggies may help reduce the risk of many diseases, including heart disease, high blood pressure, and some cancers.
5. Vitamins & Minerals. Fruits and veggies are rich in vitamins and minerals that help you feel healthy and energized.
4. Variety. Fruits and veggies are available in an almost infinite variety…there’s always something new to try!
3. Quick, Natural Snack. Fruits and veggies are nature’s treat and easy to grab for a snack.
2. Fun to Eat! Some crunch, some squirt, some you peel … some you don’t, and some grow right in your own backyard!
1. Fruits & Veggies are Nutritious AND Delicious!